When Do You Give Thanks?
Do you wait until Thanksgiving Day to thank those that you love and those that have helped you?
It’s important to be thankful during this special holiday. However, it shouldn’t be the only time you demonstrate your love and appreciation to others.
There are some great reasons to thank people throughout the year; not just during the holiday season.
- Your appreciation may have more of an impact at an unexpected time. Giving thanks during the holidays can be somewhat expected. Showing your gratitude when it is least expected will be remembered for a long time.
- It can be done immediately after an event you are most thankful for.
- Your thoughtful comments won’t get diluted by those from others trying to catch up for the past year on their thanks.
- You can give more time and personalized attention when showing your gratitude.
What are some ways to thank those that have made a difference in your life? Try one of these options or be creative with your own heartfelt method:
- Send a handwritten note or letter that expresses your thankfulness.
- Tell the person face-to-face how grateful you are for them being in your life.
- Provide a simple gift. Don’t give an extravagant gift or you run the risk of minimizing their actions and making them feel bad.
- Help the other person in a way that benefits him or her.
Giving thanks benefits everyone. In fact, it has been proven in studies that being grateful can have a positive effect on your health. It can reduce your stress and boost your immune system.
Don’t wait for a holiday before you look for opportunities to show your gratitude. Give thanks on a regular basis throughout the year.