Tips to Slow the Aging Process
September 8, 2019
Celebrate Healthy Aging Month this September by trying the tips below, which may help you age slower and improve your quality of life.
- Eat a varied and healthy diet. Include plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grain foods. Drink lots of fluids to maintain healthy skin and flush out waste.
- Exercise every day. Exercise improves appetite, encourages healthy bones, gives you a better emotional outlook and improves digestion and circulation.
- Seeking prompt medical care when you’re ill or injured. Listen to your body and take care of any little problems before they become big problems.
- Use sunscreen to prevent sunburn. One of the most significant factors contributing to aging is chronic inflammation of the skin.
- Quit smoking and avoid secondhand smoke. Smoking has very damaging effects and increases your risk of getting cancer and heart disease.
- Manage stress. Develop ways to help you cope and adjust to situations in your life that may cause you stress.
- Keep strong relationships. Maintaining close ties to your family and friends are crucial to healthy aging.